Skip to main content

Vacation back home; MALDIVES

Its been real long since I had posted anything up here. So here I go.

After the APR Leaders Summit in Bangalore I came back to Mysore, to renew my residence permit in India and took a ticket to Male' via Colombo. Dad wanted me back in Male' where there was unfinished business that I had to be present.

The flight from Bangalore to Colombo was delayed for about 2 hours, then when I arrived to Colombo (where I had THE LONGEST transit stay) again the flight was delayed for like 2 hours. This was one of the disadvantages in taking a Srilankan Airlines UL flight (UL - usually late). However when I arrived in Male' International Airport I was greeted by familiar faces, Dad, Nadhutha, Samman, Shahud, Ahpi, Azan and the crowd.

I was in Male' from the 6th July to 30th July 2010, 25 days of wonderful time and fun. Naturally I was doing a lot of scouting and a lot of spending good time.

During the time in Male' I was helping the Hiriya School Scouts as they were preparing for their investiture. Also got to attend the Investiture of Majeedhiya School Scouts (1st Male' Scouts).

There were two fairs which I was able to contribute to as well. One was the Hiriya School fair where we made a web tower for the kids to climb and the other fair in Kalaafaanu School where we made a monkey bridge and made a obstacle course scout style. It was good to do a lot of pioneering, which has been some thing that I love from the beginning of my scouting. And it felt much better to have our old crowd work together, bringing a lot of memories and leaving behind yet more memories.


On the 23rd on July, which was also the Maldivian Scout membership day (the day the Scout Association of Maldives got membership form WOSM) our crowd organized a REUNION BBQ in Hulhumale'. Where all most all of us attended. Me, Shahud, Samman, Sammah, Fitte, Ahpi, Azan, Shifzan, Anna (Shahud) and Babaa all of us had a good time. Must say one of the best BBQ I have been to. IT WAS A BLAST!!!

latter on the 26th of July, I was involved in the Independence day celebrations where I was part of a group of swimmers which included my little brother Abaa, who swam from a Close Island (funadhoo) to Male' where President Mohamed Nasheed was out to greet us.

Finally after spending an AWESOME time back home I came back to Mysore again on UL from Male' - Colombo - Bangalore. UL kept its name it was usually late again ...


Comments