Skip to main content

#PhotoOfTheDay 10/01/14: "I am smart!"


I was walking around with my camera in Rasmaadho when I came across this boy and asked if I could take a picture of him, I told him to give me a good pose. He replies back to me “I can give you my ‘I am smart’ look”.

Growing up in an Island community in Maldives or coming from “Raaje Therey” (from the islands), does not make a kid less smarter nor stupid. Sometime we often make the mistake to restrict ourselves to that single story, where kids growing up in the Islands are poor, uneducated and stupid. Well its confident kids just like this smart boy that reminds me the that we are all but Maldivians and its these smart Maldivian kids who will grow up to become tomorrows smart leaders, no matter which part they come from.

Photo taken at Rasmaadhoo, Raa. Atoll, Maldives
Photography and caption by ©Maeed (all rights reserved)

Comments